Saturday, September 16, 2006

Still Harvest Time


Yesterday I managed to process two bushels of tomatoes that I got at the farm on Thursday. I made salsa from the bright green stripped heirloom tomatoes. It is fantastic and pretty too. Also roasted a few more peppers, made tomatoe sauce and applesauce. Feeling definately like Suzie homemaker...but it all tastes so good in the middle of the winter.

The catalogue from Patchwork Europe arrived and it is indeed impressive. It has a nice writeup of Changing the World on Thread at a Time, using a photo of Valarie Goodwin's City Scape Grid. I must say I admire Thelma's persistance, as overcame all sorts of obsticals to make this exhibit a reality. I for one, feel that serious fiber artist need to support such efforts. Each one of these experiences brings us one step closer to being accepted into the world of fine art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home