Wednesday, April 04, 2007

one foot square



Just finished one foot square for the Studio Art Quilt Associates auction. It is a combination of hand and machine quilting. Some how it is so very satisfying to do hand work....tranquil. So off it goes to Katie. If you are interested in seeing other "one foot square" work go to www.saqa.com

I am also working on a small tree series called "Anchored" which I will begin to show you all the first of next week. 4 are in particial stages of completion and another 6 are layed out and stacked up awaiting quilting.

It feels so good to be productive again.

I also started a crazy project the first of the year. The idea came when I had to take the some 360 pictures of memorable women off my Amazons All piece. So what I am doing is randomly taking 7 pictures each week and making a collage....experimenting with surface design techniques. When finished it will make a 33 page book! If there is any interest I could publish a page per week..or maybe I should put them on my web site?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home