Thursday, May 03, 2007

Very Busy three weeks

I have not posted much lately as I have been working on an invitational exhibit for Studio Art Quilt Associates. It has been a most enlightening experience. The thought behind the exhibit was to show 3 to 4 works of artists who work in a series. Like artists in any medium, many art quilters work in that manor. Some work from a theme, say forests. Others may work with a single idea and add or subtract form it. Still others use color or line or texture.

In the past three weeks I have spent many hours looking at hundreds of web sites...made lots of notes. I was mildly surprised after I sent invitations inviting artists to send me images, at the positive replys, and wonderful images. Taking a page from Thelma tutorial on curating, I did do a mockup of the wall space and worked to choose images, while diverse, complement one another.

Naturally the jury is still out....the exhibit is not until the end of October. However I do enjoy looking at the work. I hope the viewers do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home