Saturday, May 19, 2007

ahh spring


I have been working with Jer on the North Country Trail. We have a new nesting pair of bald eagles. The built their nest and have several hatchlings. Amazing to watch.
We closed that portion of the trail for the initial hatching when we discovered it. Now it will be a big job to reroute the trail around the nest site.
Wednesday I went out to walk section 10 of the trail. It is a beautiful section that at the beginning crosses the Carp River and winds though a series of wet lands and up hill to a section of hilly forested area. The section ends 4 miles later at French Farm Lake.
I was out walking to discover which spring wildflowers were in bloom The day was bright and sunny, the sky that Michigan blue and the birds were singing their hearts out I counted some 20 varieties of flowers from Lady Slippers to bird foot violets. Sunday I will lead a hike in the area. This afternoon I made a list with pictures to give to each of the walkers.
Today I sent most of the morning putting together my presentation for the SAQA convention. I have been asked to speak to the Area Rep's on what I learn on the way to curating Transflrmations 2006: Artists working with fiber. The process of going back and revisiting the process has been enlighting. I realize now that had I know what I know now....I probably would not have taken the job. Ignorance is definately bliss.
On Wednesday I will leave for Athens and the convention. I am going to take my lap top and camera so say posted for pictures and a daily blurb from the convention and opening of Quilt National.
Tomorrow I will post pictures of the wild flower hike...lets hope it does not rain

1 Comments:

Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Doesn't seem to be anywhere to posta comment on your latst post, so I've gone back one. I also grow orchids - do you know what people pay for those slipepr orchids here in New Zealand??? Drool......

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home