Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dye Day



Some of the dyed pieces from yestedays
wonderful dye day

Yesterday was a glorious day. I picked up Kathie at 9:00 am and we drove to Desi's studio in Suttons Bay. It was rainy..and we needed it, but we had a car full of dyes, fabric and Stuff to make any day a fun day.


By the time we got to Desi's the rain had stopped so it was a go to work outside. Most of the morning was spent chatting as we mixed dyes, cut fabrics, and set up the work space.


Actually I have to confess that I did not do much in the way of mixing dyes...got side tracked in making monoprints. I was crazed..could not stop...what a wonderful freeing experience.


After all was set up we took a break and went to Lunch...Driving across the cherry orchard country. The trees were in full bloom...looking like white clouds on the land.


The afternoon flew by...and we all had plenty of new fabric that would cure over night. I just finished washing and the picture is of some of the pieces drying on my deck rail
Tomorrow I will photo some of the mono prints...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't hate me, Peg, but you've been tagged. See my blog for details;
http://blog.larkinart.com/

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home