Friday, June 15, 2007

Enriching your "voice"

Last night I finished reading a really wonderful and informative article in the SAQA’s Spring Journal. It was written by Katie Pasquini Masopust on her experiences taking classes outside her medium. She writes about her experiences over the past 10 years which include photography, chalk and painting classes. Each class led her in a new direction and added greatly to her growth as an artist. She ends her article by encouraging every artist to study with someone outside their medium and see where it will take you as an art quilter.

If you are looking for such an experience I would encourage you to go to the Fabrications Retreat web site http://fabricationsretreat.com
and look at the class description for Del Michel. Del is a mixed media artist whose work is exhibited internationally. He has a wealth of teaching experience and on top of that is a thoroughly delightful man.

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a day with a small group of artists working in his studio. The result of that experience helped me see possibilities I had never considered. I felt it was instrumental in enriching my “voice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home