Saturday, June 23, 2007

A walk in the woods



Yesterday was a beautiful day. Jerry and I decided to go for a short hike. There was a soft breeze which helped keep away the flying critters...which made it even more pleasent. We chose a section of the North Country Trail that is located in Wilderness State Park. It follows along and old dune ridge...which is now an almost mature forest.


We were looking for a nesting pair of bald eagles...And we found them. The nest is huge...in a white pine tree just off the trail. Both the male and female were there...sitting in the branches.


We sat on the ground for at least a half hour and just watched in amazement as they soared, swooped and hunted .


We never saw the babies, but could hear them.

I wish I could have gotten a good picture of them flying

I will just have to remember it in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home